Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dinner tonight: Chicken Baked in White Wine Marinade


This past week, we had chicken baked in white wine marinade. Sadly, I think it was one of the most mediocre recipes I've ever made from CL. I mean, look, it wasn't bad, nothing tasted gross and the chicken was moist, but it was just so bland and blah, which was a bit disappointing after it marinated for nearly 20 hours in pinot grigio, onion, garlic, and thyme. The good thing about it being so not-flavorful, however, is that it was easy to use the leftovers in other dishes--I used Trader Joe's frozen eggplant melange and just mixed in some chopped chicken.

To end this post on a good note, though, let's talk about the veggie we had as a side instead. Roasted string beans. Seriously guys, they're so easy to make and are like crack. I think P and I each ate a pound's worth. Pre-heat the broiler, put the beans on a baking sheet, spray everything with olive oil cooking spray, sprinkle with minced garlic and kosher salt, drizzle with the tiniest bit of honey. Roast under the broiler 7-12 min, stirring occasionally, until they're blistered and brown in places. YUM.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see the Elvis S&P shakers make an appearance in this pic :)

    ReplyDelete