Monday, June 20, 2011

Dinner tonight: Cucumber Gazpacho

So, I actually made cucumber gazpacho several weeks ago, when it started to get really, DC-style hot here. I thought it would be nice and refreshing. In fact, it was just gross. Really. Epic fail. Granted, this was the first CL all-out fail, so I can't be too upset, but still. I was kind of mad that I wasted my delicious breakfast Greek yogurt on it. It just tasted like super-garlicky yogurt soup. NOT nice and refreshing.

Perhaps, maybe, possibly, this could be saved with double or triple the number of cucumbers (I already one-and-a-halved it and that didn't work) and half the yogurt. And some extra seasoning. Or maybe, perchance, it would have been better if I had actually made the shrimp relish that went along with it. I, for one, am wasting no more of my precious breakfast staple on it to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment