Monday, February 20, 2012

Dinner Tonight: Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Cranberry-Chipotle Dressing

Yes, it has been a while since I posted...and this trend will probably continue in the near future, since it's crunch time for the wedding! However, it's a federal holiday and I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to learn how to Dougie for the wedding (I can safely say that I am, 100%, a white girl), so it's time for a break to tell you about some of the deliciousness in my life!

I had been wanting to make this roasted sweet potato salad with cranberry-chipotle dressing for some time, and finally found an opportunity when P's friend was visiting. It's amazingly easy (assuming you can find cranberries--check the frozen fruit section) but so freaking addictive! We paired this with some pan-seared, oven-finished filets, wheat baguette, and simple sauteed spinach. I think I modified the recipe to serve 6 instead of 8, but you better believe we pretty much demolished it between the three of us.

You might want to go a bit easy on the chipotle, since these canned kind are pretty spicy, almost to the point where it detracted from the other flavors. Make sure not to skip the pepitas--I think the crunch and the smokiness they add really complete the dish.

yumyumWINyum.

No comments:

Post a Comment