Monday, April 9, 2012

A quick nosh

P and I are still recovering--slowly--from wedding planning and the eventful weekend itself. Until I can get up the energy to fill you in on all of our culinary adventures, however, I thought it only fair to at least share a few food musings with you.

1. Green eggs do exist. We were given some as a parting gift when we left Stone Manor (awesome bed and breakfast), and they are beautiful and delicious. Deep orange yolks. Not at all disgusting, despite what Dr. Seuss would have you believe!




2. Blanched almonds are just almonds without skin. I am ashamed to admit that I did not know this (let's blame my parents), and spent 20 minutes wandering around the Teets looking for them. Fortunately, it's fun and easy to make them yourself. Soak for 1 min max in boiling hot water, and the almonds practically derobe themselves! Apparently hot tubs have the same effect on almonds that they do on drunk people. Harhar. Anyway, it was so neat I took a picture.







3. Cedarlane eggplant stacks are slacking. As you may remember, this is my all time favorite frozen meal. Apparently they've been getting cocky over at Cedarlane because my lunch today was meh. Granted, it was probably still better than pretty much anything Lean Cuisine makes, but it was by no means the culinary masterpiece that made the fact that I'm eating lunch, at my desk, alone, a little less sad. Let's hope this was a fluke. Anyone else tried them recently?


Back, eventually, with some updates on recipe and dining successes and failures!

No comments:

Post a Comment