Thursday, February 17, 2011

The More You Know: Graham Crackers

So I just learned an interesting food-related factoid. I always thought that graham crackers were just made with a particular recipe, like Ritz crackers or water crackers. TURNS OUT, they are actually made with graham flour. I also had no idea what graham flour was, so I did what all well-educated researchers do and went to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_flour). It's actually a bastardized version of wheat flour, where they grind all the parts of the wheat separately and then mix them all together again...why, I have no idea, unless the grinder is getting paid by the hour or something.

In any event, there you have it. Graham crackers come from graham flour, which does not, however, come from the graham plant.

You're welcome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment