Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dinner tonight: Chicken Larb


This week we had chicken larb for dinner. I know it sounds kind of gross, but it was actually pretty good! I used pre-ground turkey breast (this is important--regular ground turkey is just about as fatty and calorie-heavy as beef) in place of the chicken, because the thought of grinding meat in my blender really grossed me out. Other than that, cooked as written, using savoy cabbage like they did in the picture. The prep was REALLY easy when you use pre-ground meat.

We had our larb with cut green beans, from frozen (sometimes...okay, usually...I'm lazy!) and coriander brown rice: toasted 1/3 tsp ground coriander briefly in the bottom of the pot, then added water and salt, prepared as directed and mixed in some cilantro at the end.

Overall, pretty solid meal. The calorie stats are amazing low, and we were both full afterwards. P didn't even need dessert! He wasn't a big fan of the cabbage leaves, though. I had leftovers sans leaves (just put the chicken over the rice), which was easier to eat at work but not nearly as authentic or fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment