Friday, June 3, 2011

Dinner tonight: Salt-Roasted Shrimp with Lemon-Honey Dipping Sauce and Sichuan Green Beans

We (okay, I) were feeling really adventurous this week, so we had shrimps with their heads on! I cooked these suckers in all their antennae-y, eyebally glory using CL's salt-roasted shrimp with lemon-honey dipping sauce.



I simply rinsed the shrimp off in cold water and cooked according to directions. The shrimp took about 8 minutes (vice 5) to cook, but were SO easy to make. The sauce I made with lime instead of lemon, and no scallions or ground red pepper--the former I didn't have on hand, the latter I didn't use because our side veg was spicy.

Speaking of the side veg, I paired the shrimp with Sichuan green beans; didn't bother cutting the beans, used balsamic, onions instead of shallots (apparently I was a really distracted grocery shopper and didn't buy like half the things I needed!), regular soy sauce (and so omitted the salt). Also paired with short-grain brown rice, simply prepared with chicken broth in place of water.

I thought everything was really yummy. Lots of flavors, but didn't compete and paired together nicely. The shrimp were fun to eat, although somehow our efforts to get anything out of the heads was unfruitful (sad). Also, the tray of salt that I cooked them on looked like a little shrimp graveyard afterwards...eyeballs and antennae everywhere! Kind of gross, but also kind of funny. If you think gross things are funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment