Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dinner tonight: Triple-Mustard Salmon

We started this week off to a healthy, fresh start, perfect prep for swimsuit season! I made F&W's triple-mustard salmon, with some really beautiful "first run of the season" salmon. I was going to buy the wild Alaskan, but the HT fishmonger (who is a doll and I totally heart--but not like that, guys, I'm an engaged woman!) didn't like the look of it. He sold me this fish instead, which was also wild but was $20/lb, for the Alaskan sale price of $7/lb! Bestill my cheap little Jewish heart. :)

I didn't have toasted wheat germ (seriously, does everyone who gets F&W shop at Dean and Deluca?), so I used breadcrumbs instead. Other than that, cooked as is. However, since I threw out all my nasty used cancerous non-stick pans, I cooked the fish in a regular one. And consequently (wait for it...) the mustardy stuff stuck to the pan, rather than the fish. Hence the ugly, ugly picture you see here. Despite it's ugliness, though, I thought it was pretty good! A little tangy, I would maybe replace the Dijon with whole grain mustard. P was less enthused...he didn't like the mushy texture of the mustard coating. So I suppose you will have to cook this and judge for yourself.



Paired with simple steamed organic broccoli (also on sale!) and take-and-bake wheat dinner rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment