Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dinner tonight: Big Sweet 'n Spicy Veggie Pot


This week was crazy busy, but I didn't want that to mean my healthy eating went out the window. I set myself up for success by prepping Hungry Girl's Big Sweet 'n Spicy Veggie Pot Sunday night, and throwing everything into the slow cooker Monday morning for a quick stop-by dinner before running out again for meetings that night (see? it's exhausting just reading about it!).

I'm not going to lie. The prep work is extensive. And I even cheated some--left the skin on the eggplant and skipped the cabbage entirely (I put in the whole b-nut squash instead). I was pretty excited about this dish, since I do love the Kashi Mayan Harvest Bake frozen dinner that inspired it.

The actual dish was...okay. I definitely featured a lot of my fav vegetables, and is VERY voluminous for the calories. And it got better as it sat in the fridge as leftovers. But still, I felt like there was something missing. Like it couldn't decide if it wanted to be savory, sweet, or tart. So, I was happy to use my slow cooker, and the leftovers all got eaten, but I don't think this will be a "must cook."

No comments:

Post a Comment