Monday, October 11, 2010

Dinner tonight: Proscuitto, Peach, and Sweet Lettuce Salad

Because I think I consumed about 5,000 calories worth of wine, beer, and supermarket cookies on Saturday, dinner Sunday was a light salad: Procuitto, peach, and sweet lettuce salad. I chose this particular one because proscuitto was on sale for half price! (That reminds me of a joke, which I can make because I'm Jewish. :) What's the ultimate dilemma for a Jew? A sale on pork.) Clearly, I experienced no such dilemma.

NEways...I made a few, minor changes to this recipe. Peaches are not in season, so I used 1.5 Barlett pears, and I really dislike ricotta salata so used goat cheese. I probably used a bit less olive oil than they call for as well. It bummed me out to buy sweet lettuce because I had to buy a non-organic kind, but once in a while this is okay.


Yum! This was a delightful salad. Very fresh, without being to summer-tasting. The mint is unusual but Pat and I both decided we actually really liked it! Plus, with the low calorie count, Pat could have two servings and we could each have a crusty Alexia wheat dinner roll with no guilt. Good, easy dinner when you need to make up for weekend transgressions.

1 comment: