Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Vegetables are fun!

This is only tangentially food related, but really, I couldn't help myself. Look at how much fun salad is (at least for women who are alone)! Read the comments...I laughed so hard I cried.

In other vegetable-related news, I wanted to take a quick moment to tell you all how amazing kale is.
First off, it makes awesome guilt-free "chips" when you need to snack on a whole buttload of something crunchy but don't want to hate yourself afterward (remove stems and chop, spray with olive oil cooking spray, sprinkle with salt, bake at 350 degress for ~15 min).
Second, it's incredibly cheap. You can buy a giant produce bag's worth for like 60 cents.
Finally, IT LASTS FOREVER. Seriously, I bought some nearly three weeks ago to make some of the aforementioned kale chips. I ended up not using all of it, and it hung out in the refrigerator veg bin until this past Saturday, when I thought it might be a good idea to finally throw it out. When I pulled out the bag, the kale was still good (except for one leaf)! So I roasted some more kale with a CL recipe (which I will not share because it calls for way too hot of an oven and the kale burned).

Hooray for veggies!

1 comment:

  1. Same applies for most other greens too (except lettuce)- collards, mustard greens, turnip greens, etc...baked collard greens may sound weird, but it's delicious and I think I might like it even better than kale :)

    ReplyDelete