Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dinner tonight: Green Curry with Bok Choy

Maybe in honor of St Patrick's Day, and partly because I needed a veg-heavy meal, this week I made green curry with bok choy. LOTS of green: the curry, the bok choy, the broccoli, the mint and basil.

Again, since my grocery ginger came home moldy, I used minced bottled ginger; HT was out of serranos, so I used jalapenos instead. No Kaffir leaves either, so that go omitted, and since I use regular soy I left out the added salt. I actually splurged and bought both the mint and the basil, because this seemed like a recipe that would really be missing something without them. (Although I had forgotten to add them until after I took this picture!)

Sadly, it wasn't all that great even with the pricey fresh herb toppings. The broccoli I totally didn't get in this dish. And overall, it was just another fine recipe, certainly not a very tasty homage to green! Considering how much effort went into it, I would say, don't bother. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment