Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Astor Cafe

I LOVE that I can order from Astor online without actually having to interact with someone. And I love how friendly the staff are. The food, however, I just liked.

We ordered an assortment of takeout to split: spicy chickpeas, sauteed eggplant, combo kabob, chicken kabob, and falafel platters. The chickpeas and eggplant were both delicious, as was the hummus that came with the platters. The kabob meat was fine, the salads were a little sad (although totally normal for a kabob place).

I had really hoped that Astor would finally end my long-lost search for decent falafel in this town. Sadly, it did not. These were underwhelming and weirdly green inside.

Will I have future cravings for Astor? Probably not. But it'll certainly do in a takeout pinch. (x-posted to yelp.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment