Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dinner tonight: Hot Nicoise Salad

So you know how I usually start my posts, when I've been a bit delinquent, with an excuse for my absence? This time, I have the BEST excuse ever. P AND I ARE GETTING MARRIED!!! :) So, I've been a bit distracted and neglectful of you, post-readers.

Although things will never be the same, I'll try my best to keep regularly posting under this new normal. The good news is, you all will at least get to vicariously share in our caterer search and tasting!

But, back to my backlog of posts.

A couple weeks ago, I made my first ever GOOP recipe (Gweneth Paltrow, for the uninitiated). We had hot nicoise salad, courtesy of F&W magazine. Changes (which of course you expected): 1. no olives, as they are in my hated-foods trinity; 2. no eggs, since I really didn't think having a random baked egg on the side made much sense; 3. I put the anchovies off to the side and mixed them in to my portion only at the end, since P's not an anchovy fan.

You guys. This was amazing!!! For a dish that had minimal seasoning, it was incredibly flavorful, and for a dish that was so basic, it looked very sophisticated. I think the anchovies really made a difference, but I'm sure someone else would probably say the same thing about the olives and/or egg. We had this just with some crusty wheat baguette. Yumyumyum. Nice job, GOOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment