Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dinner tonight: Quick White Bean, Asparagus, and Mushroom Cassoulet

I LOVE cassoulet. So when CL put out this fast, relatively guilt-free version, I pounced. It was, in fact, quick, even quicker since I used prepared breadcrumbs rather than making some up from French bread. I went with oyster mushrooms over chantarelles, marjoram over oregano (since I had marjoram in the cupboard but honestly have NO idea what one uses it for!).

This recipe was a solid B I would say. Not nearly as good at the thyme-scented white bean cassoulet, but different flavors, and it didn't require nearly as much prep work or patience/planning (the other is a crockpot dish). It could have used a bit more salt, but that's an easy fix. I recommend replacing the asparagus with spinach, which I think would meld flavor-wise much better and be way easier to eat!

But look how pretty: :)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I just ordered asparagus. I'm going to make this this weekend! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete