Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dinner tonight: Roast Cauliflower and Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage

Last night, I planned on just eating roasted cauliflower--lots of volume and low in calories--to make up for last weekend's transgressions. But I also had a boy to feed, who did not just spend the whole weekend binging, so I had to make sure I had some protein as well. For that, I picked up al fresco chicken sausages, in roasted garlic flavor. I'll admit, it was my first time buying chicken sausages, and I probably spent 2o minutes in front of that little refrigerated section, trying to decide between spicy jalepeno, spinach and feta, roasted red pepper and fontina....so many choices! The only thing I knew I didn't want was blueberry. Gross.

The cauliflower turned out all right. Easy-peasy to make, and nice crisp-cooked with a touch of char. However, I think it could have used double the dijon, because the flavor was a bit too subtle using the recommended amount of mustard. (Also, sorry about the pic. Once again I forgot to take pictures last night, so this is of my leftovers at lunch today. >:) )
I ended up eating a half a sausage anyway, because it turns out they are very tasty! I think they paired really well with the cf, and, although they were a bit salty, that was okay because the cf was a bit under-salted. In fact, I think if I had to do it again, I would have cut up the sausage and roasted it directly with the veg, instead of pan-frying. That, with the double dijon, would have made a very tasty, easy one-pan dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment