Thursday, August 5, 2010

Twinkiemisu

This post warrants a disclaimer: The following goes against pretty much everything this blog stands for. It is not fine dining. It is not low-calorie. And it certainly is not organic, locally sourced, or nutritious. But it was too good not to post!

Several years ago, our team at work came into possession of a Twinkie Cookbook. Yes, someone was paid to write such a masterpiece, and apparently at least one person actually paid to own it. Somehow this cookbook disappeared for a while under "real books," but managed to reappear yesterday. In honor of one of our colleague's birthdays, in place of the standard chocolate birthday cake, a certain team leader prepared THE TWINKIEMISU.


Although somewhat horrified, I had to at least taste it. Surprisingly, it was really fantastically delicious. Of course, the gallons of amaretto may have swayed by judgment a bit, but still. It didn't taste like partially hydrogenated oil or something with a shelf life on the order of decades. Granted, it didn't taste exactly like tiramisu, but apparently it was good enough that when I looked down at my paper plate, I realized I had eaten my entire piece. And maybe licked the fork afterward. :)

Once again. I do not condone such things. But, if you MUST eat a twinkie, this is totally the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment