Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dinner tonight: Summer Vegetable Frittata


Three words: yum, yum, YUM! This simple summer vegetable frittata was soooo good!



Modifications I made (because for some reason I always feel the need to do this):
7 eggs, 3 egg whites instead of 9 eggs
Double the bell pepper and onions
Served with a smidge of sriracha (because I am obsessed).

The eggs were super fluffy, and the sweetness of the veggies complemented them well. Even though there was more zucchini than anything else, you barely noticed it was there--I bet this would be a good way to sneak veggies into kids' dinners (or breakfast, since a frittata can be either).

Although I subbed some egg whites, I also doubled the veggies, so this probably clocked in at around 215-220 calories per serving. Good for those days when you've been snacking all day (ahem) and need a light dinner.
Taste rating: 9/10. Only because I feel like it's really not fancy enough to warrant a 10. BUT, rest assured I will be having this again for lunch tomorrow...and the day after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment