Monday, July 19, 2010

Dinner tonight: Tofu with Red Curry Paste, Peas, and Yellow Tomatoes

They had some wonderful, very mild yellow grape tomatoes at the farmers' market last weekend, so I decided tonight to make Tofu with Red Curry Paste, Peas, and Yellow Tomatoes. Highly disappointing.
Admittedly, I did make some modifications, but not to the sauce, which I wasn't thrilled with: way too much lime, and missing a little something. I left out the peas, because I think they're impostor vegetables (they're more sugar/carb than veggie) and served over spinach instead of rice. With my modifications, a third of the recipe (as opposed to a quarter--their serving size) comes out to 245 calories. So, fortunately, this did not break the calorie bank; unfortunately, I'm too frugal to throw out leftovers so tomorrow's lunch will not be something I think about all morning. Although come to think of it...that's probably a good thing!

Sorry, beautiful tomatoes. I did not do you justice! Hopefully the poblanos will fare better in tomorrow's dinner.

By the way, readers, if anyone decides to try this recipe sans modifications, I'd love to hear if it turns out better.

2 comments:

  1. Do you already have a recipe for tomorrow's dinner?

    I made Quinoa-Stuffed Poblanos for Passover this year and everyone loved them. I finished the leftovers a little too quickly.
    http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/9468?section=

    (My modifications:
    -I tripled the recipe and ran out of poblanos, so I used red bells for 1/3,
    -pomegranate seeds were out of season so I used dried cherries,
    -Knowing me I probably doubled the garlic)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad it wasn't better, it looks really yummy! I like peas every once in a while so I might try the original recipe eventually, I'll let you know if I do.

    ReplyDelete